Wonderfully vile! Great job.
This is my entry for Glinny's Cauldron Jam, using Glinny's ingredients. I made it with my brother over a 4 week period. We used Unity, and all assets have been created by us, except for the font.
The scenario is that you've been cursed by a Demon and you're looking for a potion that will cure you. You have arrived at a Witch's house in a far-off land. The Witch can help you, but she needs you to collect 3 ingredients.
You use an item called a Witch Ball to collect monsters and then throw them into the cauldron. If you've captured a monster in the Witch Ball you can throw the ball to kill enemies. To release the monster, just throw it at a wall.
Throwing 3 ingredients into the cauldron will make a potion. Try different ingredients and see what you get.
Move: WASD or arrow keys
Throw ball: SHIFT
Interact/Dialog: E or SPACE
- Instant death from touching the SIDE of a spike. Not the dangerous points, but the side of the spikes.
- Every loading screen is a bright blank white screen.
- No buildings can be entered. Anytime you attempt to enter one your character says "It's not the right time for that"
- Every town has a mandatory Bad Anime Hot Spring scene.
- SLOGAN: Get ready to explode your balls into a firestorm of dust and skeletons.
- CELEBRITY LIKENESS: Justin Bieber as "Squeelin" Shay Higgins
- Ambiguous selection options at the end of a long string of dialog.
- You are punished for doing what the game tells you to do (pig recipe).
- Annoying music.
- Game developer is in the game.
Tools and Assets Used
- Engine: Unity 3D
- Image Editing: Aseprite, Krita
- Sound: Ableton Live Lite
- Font: Pixel Arial 11
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Really cool game! The art style and music was amazing and I liked that you could try putting any combination int to the cauldron :D
I don't know if you've heard of Game Development World Championship before (gdwc2019) but it's a competition for indie game developers where they can submit their games and it's free! It's great if you want some more visibility for the game and it only takes a couple of minutes to join :)
little piiig little piiiig
(nice work, really neat little game, L&R)
pretty damn fun - good mechanic
Really well made. Quite fun! Played the whole way through.
Cool idea/mechanic, nicely paced. Good job!